Local Area Information
South Ronaldsay's main village is St Margaret's Hope, Orkney's third largest settlement. It is named either after Margaret, Maid of Norway, the heir to the Scottish throne who died in Orkney age seven or possibly St. Margaret.The village has a small blacksmith's museum and is known for its annual Boys' Ploughing Match. During this event young girls and boys dressed in dark jackets play the part of the horses and young boys using miniature ploughs compete with one another at ploughing.
How to Find Us
Pentland Ferries(approx 0.2 miles)
The Pentland Ferries Terminal is 400 metres from the Hotel.
Kirkwall(approx 18 miles)
St Margarets Hope is situated 18 miles to the south of Kirkwall.
Take the A961 out of Kirkwall and go across all 4 Churchill Barriers. Arriving at St Margaret's Hope turn right off the A961 and right again, then follow the main road down the hill and round the bend to the left.
The Murray Arms Hotel is on your left just before the Post Office. The car park is at the rear of the hotel.
Kirkwall Airport(approx 16 miles)
1. Head south on Kirkwall Airport Terminal toward A960
2. Turn left onto A960 for 3.3 miles
3. Turn right onto B9052 for 2.7 miles
4. Turn left to stay on B9052 for .9 mile
5. Turn left onto A961 for 7.1 miles
6. Turn right onto St. Margaret's Road for 50 yards
7. Take the 1st right onto Church Rd/?B9043 for 400 yards
8. Hotel is next just before the Post Office with car parking at rear of Hotel
* Mid Market
Currency Conversion Rates supplied by xe.com
. Please note : All payments processed on this website will be transacted in GBP (United Kingdom Pounds) at the time of booking. Any foreign currency conversion information displayed on this website is provided as a guide only and should not be relied on for any purpose other than illustrative purposes. Neither eviivo, its licensees or xe.com will be liable for any errors, omissions or incorrect exchange rate estimates